Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions govern all bets placed on this website, www.igb.ie, which is operated by Bord na gCon/The Irish Greyhound Board (“IGB”). IGB is established in and operates from the Republic of Ireland and is fully licensed to operate an internet wagering platform from the Republic of Ireland. All bets placed with IGB are deemed to have been placed in Ireland.
2. The registering of personal details with the Website will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions. IGB reserves the right to add or amend these terms & conditions at anytime. Notification of any such amendments will be posted on the Website and will be binding for any bets placed thereafter.
3. IGB does not accept bets from US residents. IGB only accepts bets from residents of the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom.
4. It is your responsibility to ensure that at all times you comply with all laws in any jurisdiction that apply to your use of our services. In particular, if you live in a country where betting is prohibited, you must not register with us or attempt to use our services. Internet gambling may be illegal in the jurisdiction in which you are located; if so, you are not authorised to use your payment card to undertake transactions. This Website does not constitute an offer , solicitation or invitation by IGB for the use of or subscription to betting or other services in any jurisdiction in which such activities are prohibited by law.
5. Only persons aged 18 years or older are permitted to register on the Website. The right to void any wagers with minors is retained. IGB reserves the right to request proof of age and identity documentation at any time.
6. IGB accepts no liability under the law in any jurisdiction other than the Republic of Ireland. All bets made on the website, together with these terms and conditions are governed by Irish Law and the courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes that arise out of or in relation to them.
7. IGB will not accept responsibility for any damage or losses that are alleged to have resulted from the Website, or its content, including delays or interruptions in operation or transmission, loss or corruption of data, communication or lines failure, any person’s misuse of the site or its content or any error or omissions in content.
8. It is your responsibility to ensure your user name and password remain confidential, as bets placed quoting confidential security details will be attributed to you. You may change your password details at any time. If you have any concerns with regard to the security of your account, please contact Customer Service by using the support form on the site.
9. You must notify IGB immediately of any change to personal details i.e. address, phone number, email and Bank details by clicking in the “Personal Info” section, or by contacting Customer Service by using the help form on the site.
10. It is your responsibility to ensure that details of your bet(s) are correct and that you are aware of the rules and regulations governing your bet(s). A transaction cannot be cancelled once it has been confirmed. IGB shall not be liable for incorrect entries made by you , including data input errors with respect to the stakes on offer.
11. Bets are accepted up to the off-time of a race or a pre-determined time. IGB reserves the right to void any bet inadvertently accepted after the betting has closed or at a stage where the customer could have any indication of the outcome of the race. IGB reserves the right to void any or all bets made by any group of people acting in liaison in an attempt to defraud IGB.
12. All times referred to on www.igb.ie refer to GMT.
13. Where there is evidence of fraudulent use of credit cards or funds, IGB reserves the right to make bets void or withhold payment of winnings pending the outcome of any subsequent investigation.
14. IGB reserves the right to close a client’s account at any time without prior notice and to void any outstanding bets on the account. All monies in the account will be forwarded to such client within 30 days.
15. No claims or disputes will be considered more than one month after the date of the betting transaction.
16. Deposits for debit / credit card betting must be between €20 and €3000 (or the approximate equivalent in the currency of your choice). You may only bet up to the amount held within your account. Interest is not payable on account balances. You may make deposits using Visa, Mastercard or Laser. No credit is permitted.
17. It is your responsibility to maintain sufficient funds in your account, and to stake your bets accordingly. We reserve the right to void any bet which may be inadvertently accepted if your account does not have sufficient funds to cover the whole of the bet. Where a credit/debit card is used to deposit funds, such funds only become available after IGB has obtained authorisation from the relevant card issuer. Should the card issuer decline a transaction, all enquiries should be addressed by the account holder to the card issuer concerned.
18. All winnings will be credited via Electronic Funds Transfer to an Irish or United Kingdom bank account. The minimum transfer is €20. Payments will be made to the account holder's bank account ONLY.
19. The maximum winnings to any one customer on any one day may be set and notified.
20. For transactions involving an exchange in currency, a pre-set rate of exchange will be applicable.
21. IGB cannot allow for mistakes, nor accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in respect of the announcing, publishing, runners, times or result, despite every effort to ensure their accuracy. IGB reserves the right to correct obvious errors. If any sums are mistakenly credited to your account, through either an error on the part of the IGB or yourself, it shall be your responsibility to point this out. Failure to do so will void any subsequent wins caused by this error, either directly or indirectly. In such an event IGB reserves the right to take the necessary action to ensure that both parties are returned to the financial position that held immediately prior to the error.
22. We are not liable for any loss or damage you may suffer because of any act of nature; power failure; trade or labour dispute; act, failure or omission of any government or authority; obstruction or failure of telecommunication services or networks; or any other delay or failure caused by a third party. In such an event, we reserve the right to cancel or suspend our services without incurring any liability. We are not liable for the failure of any equipment or software, wherever located or administered, or whether under our direct control or not, that may prevent the operation of our betting services, impede the placing of orders for bets or prevent you from being able to contact us.
23. You agree to indemnify and hold us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees harmless from any liabilities, claims, losses or demands made by any third party arising out of your breach of this agreement including documents incorporated by reference into this agreement or out of your violation of any law or the rights of any third party.
25. Account information held by IGB is securely stored and remains confidential.
26. Under no circumstances may any person extract or use any data featured on the www.igb.ie website without IGB’s prior written consent. For the avoidance of doubt, this clause extends to prohibit any manual or electronic extractions or harvesting of data from the www.igb.ie website whether by customers, bookmakers, betting exchanges, odds comparison service providers or otherwise. Any unauthorised access or damage to data on the www.igb.ie website may constitute an offence under the Criminal Damage Act 1991 or the Criminal Justice (Theft & Fraud Offences) Act 2001.
27. The IGB Website may contain links to third party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by IGB of the contents of such third party websites. IGB is not responsible for the content of linked third party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party web sites. If you decide to access linked third-party websites, you do so at your own risk.
28. In the event that any of these provisions is deemed to be invalid, the invalidity of such provision(s) shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions.